Here’s something I ran up for the event and which I’ll be taping to my top tube on the day. It’s a cut out and stick on guide to the key distances, times and locations for the day.
It should be fairly self-explanatory, but in case it isn’t:
- Black numbers on left are the distance in kilometres from the start (to nearest kilometre)
- Place names are of key points on the route including climbs and feed stations
- Place names in red are elimination zones
- Times in red are the cutoff times for the broom wagon/voiture balai
- Green picnic tables indicate food is available at feed station
- Bottles indicate drink is available at feed station
I’m heading off today on Eurostar and then the sleeper to Pau. I may tweet a bit along the way but this will be my last post before the big day, unless I find an internet cafe or something.