After too much coffee and – appropriately enough – a Belgian bun, I rattle though some choice morsels in episode 5 of the eternally delayed and somewhat infrequent Chasing Wheels podcast.
– Paris-Roubaix, why will no one let me bet on Manuel Quinziato?
– Speaking of betting, thank you Mr Alex Kristof for winning Milan-San Remo. Proof that if you pay attention you can place a good bet on cycling and win big.
– UCI’s Women’s World Cup coverage, highlights or race report? Why the coverage needs to feel more live and less last weekend.
– Women’s Tour. Great Britain, prepare to stand by your roadsides. We are world class when it comes to lining a road.
– Alberto Contador. He’s flying again, but leave your moral judgements aside. He’s done his time and deserves no more doping criticism for his past than others who are lauded for telling the truth a decade after the act. Also he’s a sneaky blighter with some serious race craft.
– Why the heck don’t they show the last 20km of Women’s Fleche Wallonne? They’re on the finishing circuit, two motos will do the job. And the men’s race is incredibly boring at that point.
Please donate to the following organisations
Thank you for listening, all feedback welcome.